1. I come here today, Charlotte, to join my life to years before this company. In their presence I pledge to be true to you, to respect you, and to grow with you through the years. Time may pass, fortune may smile, trials may come; no matter what we may encounter together, I vow here that this love will be my only love. I will make my home in your heart from this day forward.
2. Stuart, with all my love, I take you to be my husband. I will love you through the good and the bad, through joy and sorrow. I will try to be understanding, and to trust in you completely. Together we will face all of life’s experiences and share one another’s dreams and goals. I promise I will be your equal partner in a loving, honest relationship, for as long as we both shall live.
3. Kimberly, I love you. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our lives.
4. I came to this place today as a man/woman standing alone; I will walk from the darkness to be by your side. Today I cross the threshold with you, and enter into a new and lasting lifetime commitment. I commit myself to you as your husband/wife.
5. Whatever lies ahead, good or bad, we will face together. Distance may test us for a time, and time may tire us. But if we look to each other first, we will always see a friend. Chris, look to me for all the days to come; today I take my place as yours.